Liebe Wein opened for business May 16, 2018 and is located in Salem's historic downtown at 530 East State Street. They strive to provide an environment that is relaxing and delightful, with quaint and charming décor throughout. Liebe Wein offers a variety of homemade wines (both red and white), as well as menu options that pair well together. All of their wines are made on site from fermentation to bottling. The owners are local Salem residents, Rich and Connie Snyder.
Rich began making wine as a hobbyist, over 12 years ago. And with a huge leap of faith, Rich and Connie decided to make their hobby a career. They now operate the Liebe Wein with the help of their great staff.
They chose downtown Salem as their winery's location because they are from here. They were born and raised in Salem, and they wanted to help support and develop the downtown they call home. Rich and Connie chose their building location after two long and "impatient" years of searching. The SOD center was excited to help direct them to the building the winery is now housed in, and they quickly fell in love with it.
“We love to be a part of our community and support downtown Salem. We hope we inspire others to take a leap of faith, just as we did. We have gotten to know so many new people, both local and others that are just passing through. Being from a small town like Salem and living here our whole lives, we find there is, more than likely, always a connection between us and our customers.”
Liebe Wein hosts many events throughout the year which can be found listed on their Facebook page at – https://www.facebook.com/LiebeWein1 – including Trivia Night, Live Music & Entertainment, Read Between the Wines Book Club, Wine Club, Sip & Paints co-hosted with local business, Jenn’s Paint Cellar, and much more!!
Opened: May 16th, 2018
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Wednesday: 5pm to 10pm
Thursday: 5pm to 10pm
Friday: 5pm to 11pm
Saturday: 1pm to 11pm
PRODUCTS & SERVICES:
- Liebe Wein offers a wide variety of wines, both sweet and dry. Our wine is available by the glass, by the bottle, or carry out to enjoy later!
- Our most popular drink option would be our House Made Sangria, which is available by the glass or by pitcher, and can be made with your preference of red or white wine. This is the perfect drink for the summer, come and try one today!
- We also offer Wine Slushies made with either red or white wine, and our take on a Bloody Mary made with Wine, don’t knock it until you try it!!
- The Winery menu consists of a generous Meat and Cheese tray, a Vegetable and Cheese tray, a Homemade Hummus and Pita Chip tray, and various desserts from local bakeries.
- On special occasions, we will offer sandwiches and other delicious options. Check out or Facebook page to stay updated on what we have available!
PRIVATE EVENTS: Lieb Wein is available for Private Events, Bridal Showers, Baby Showers, Birthday Parties, Graduation Parties and more. Contact Rich and Connie at (330) 277-1233 or Message them on Facebook for more information and availability.