Safe Routes to School
What is it?
Safe Routes to School is a funding program through the Department of Transportation that helps make walking and biking to school safer for children in grades K through 8.
What is available to the City of Salem?
- Infrastructure (bike lanes, sidewalks, pavement markings, intersection improvements, and more)
- Up to $400,000 in grant funding.
- Non-Infrastructure (safety education programs, lesson plans, helmet/safety gear giveaways, etc.)
- Up to $20,000 in grant funding.
- Increase pedestrian & road safety near school properties for all
- Increase community involvement in schools and neighborhoods
What can I do to help?
Please take a few minutes to fill out a parent survey! Your input will help us understand your needs and concerns to secure this important funding for the community.