The SOD Center s currently looking to fill the following position:
Job Title: Economic Development Assistant, Training Center & Downtown Development Coordinator
Reports To: Executive Director
Full Time: 32-40 Hours Per Week / $11-$15 Per Hour
Summary — Under the direction of the Executive Director, responsible for support and development of the SOD Training Center at The SOD Center. This position will coordinate with businesses, participants and vendors to develop effective training and education programs which are responsive to local market needs. This position will also be responsible for support of downtown businesses, building owners, relationship building to encourage entrepreneurship, economic development, and community engagement. The Economic Development Assistant will provide support to the Executive Director and Downtown Salem Partnership.
This individual should combine a strong attention to detail with an ability to multi-task and work under pressure. Strong customer service skills are essential to ensure the expectations of the businesses, building owners, participants and vendors are met or exceeded.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following for the Training Center. Other duties may be assigned
- Participate in creating and implementing training programs
- Schedule training events and ensure the center is properly set up.
- Coordinate needed resources and specific trainers for specialty training requests
- Create regular marketing materials that promote the training center and group training events
- Maintain and work with the training center website to continually update and add content
- Maintain impeccable training records (e.g. trainee lists, schedules, attendance sheets)
- Prepare and disseminate material (e.g. instructional notes, feedback forms)
- Act as of point of contact for businesses, vendors, and participants
- Prepare bills, manage accounts receivable and collections
- Submit reports on training activities and results
- Resolve issues as they arise
- Recommend improvements or new programs
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following for Downtown Development. Other duties may be assigned
- Retain, grow, and recruit retail and other businesses to enhance the downtown business environment.
- Build landlord, business, and broker relationships
- Track vacant/available space for potential businesses
- Coordinate efforts of the Downtown Salem Partnership
- Assists in planning and promoting Downtown events via the SOD Center Website, social media, media outlets and printed materials
- Markets Downtown properties via the SOD Center website, social media, media outlets and printed materials
- Promotes City incentives to existing and potential businesses
- Provides administrative support for the Executive Director
QUALIFICATIONS — To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Proven experience as a Training Administrator, HR Assistant or similar role
- Experience training, instructing or developing training programs
- Excellent organizational and multitasking ability
- Outstanding communication and customer service skills
- Resourceful with strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of office procedures and billing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Publisher, Word, PowerPoint especially) and Quickbooks
- Aptitude for learning or troubleshooting technical/computer applications
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team
- Excellent time management skills. Must have a collaborative attitude and enjoy cultivating relationships.