The Dean Hansell Training Scholarship will provide education funding to expand the employment opportunities for Salem High School graduates of any age who have been accepted into an accredited vocational, technical or credential program.
The selected candidate may attend a vocational school, trade school, technical school, certification training program, or credential program. Eligible fields of study include, but are not limited to, advanced manufacturing, automotive technology, computer technology, construction, cosmetology, culinary arts, electrical, HVAC, health care, industrial maintenance, machining, plumbing, or welding.
All applicants must be a graduate of Salem High School.
Award selection is made by Sustainable Opportunity Development “SOD” Center, Inc. with preference given to applicants who:
- Are currently unemployed or at risk.
- Wish to remain in the Salem, Ohio Area.
- Demonstrate a financial need.
- Would like to expand their current skills.
- Needs to retrain for today’s in demand careers
All applicants must provide a completed application by the determined deadlines.
- Fall Application deadline: July 15, 2021
- Spring Application deadline: December 15th, 2021
Funds will be awarded based on availability.
Applicants must agree that all application information will be reviewed by a scholarship committee and all award decisions are made by the SOD Center whose decisions shall be deemed final.