- Reopening Safely: Helpful Tips for Small Business Owners (Main Street America)
General tip sheet for small business owners to help you through the reopening process, offering a starting point as you enter the first phase of recovery efforts. >>View PDF
- Recovery Readiness: A How-To Guide For Reopening Your Workplace (Cushman & Wakefield)
This guide outlines some of the best thinking practices and protocols as we all prepare to get back to work. >>View PDF
- CDC: Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfecting (9 page PDF) >>View PDF
- SBA Eases PPP Loan Penalty Threats Against Borrowers (May 13, 2020 - Harrington, Hoppe & Mitchell)
Some recipients of federal Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans have been concerned about potential penalties. New guidance today from the U.S. Small Business Administration clears up some of that concern, HHM lawyer SHAWNA L'ITALIEN writes. >>Read Article
- Will Businesses Get Immunity From Coronavirus Lawsuits? (May 12, 2020 - SHRM.org)
As more businesses make plans to reopen, lawmakers are split on whether to hold employers responsible for shielding workers from COVID-19. Some lawmakers want to protect employers from coronavirus-related lawsuits, but others are concerned such protection would lead to employers not taking proper steps to safeguard workers. >>Read Article
- 3 Tips for Properly Pivoting Your Business Model (May 7, 2020 - SCORE)
- Marketing in Challenging Times (April 28, 2020 - Youngstown SCORE)
"...no matter the situation or circumstance, if your business is open, albeit in a diminished capacity, you have to stay connected to your customers." >>Read Article
- Employee Retention Credits vs. the Paycheck Protection Program (April 24, 2020 - Intuit)
For some business owners, the Employee Retention Credit might be what they need. >>Read Article
- How to Prepare to Reopen Your Business After COVID-19 (April 24, 2020 - Intuit)
- 3 ways to embrace e-commerce
- 3 ways to build a backup plan for your business
- 3 tips to help you reopen
- Quick Tip Poster from DOL: How much paid leave can employees take under FFCRA? >>View PDF
- OSHA Poster: 10 Steps All Workplaces Can Take to Reduce Risk of Exposure to Coronavirus >>View PDF
- CDC: Cleaning & Disinfecting Decision Tool (2 page flow chart) >>View PDF
- High Risk Populations FAQs COVID-19 (Ohio Dept of Health) >>View PDF
CARES Act Forbearance Fact Sheet for Mortgagees and Servicers of FHA, VA, or USDA Loans >>View PDF
A Smarter Approach to Your COVID Marketing Strategy - May 27, 2020 | Time: 1-2 PM
With COVID 19 creating roadblocks for your business, you don’t have time to waste on online marketing tasks that aren’t going to get your business where you want it to go. In this session presented by Digital Marketing Expert Jenna Shaffer, you’ll find out where to focus your efforts, what to communicate, and how to do it so you're not wasting time and more importantly, communicating the right message to your audience when it matters the most.
SBDC Ask the Expert: Marketing Your Business Through the COVID-19 Experience - June 4, 2020 | 12-1 PM
Major topics include:
- Revisiting Your Brand - Time You Never Had Before COVID
- DON'T Stop Marketing
- Reassuring Customers of Safety in the "New Normal"
Protecting Your Business From Fraud - June 18, 2020 | Time: 1-2 PM
Are you familiar with the basic principles of assessing fraud risks for your small business? This webinar, presented by Deluxe Chief Brand Officer Amanda Brinkman and U.S. Bank Financial Services Veteran Morris Jackson II, will cover smart tips for auditing your business finances as well as ways to monitor for potential risks to keep your business safe from fraud.
A Simple Recipe for Social Media Success - June 24, 2020 | Time: 1-2 PM
Social media can be overwhelming and often feels like you’re just spinning your wheels. In a time of such uncertainty, it’s important to know where to be, how to be engaging, and how to get results - all with a limited amount of time and resources. In this webinar, Digital Marketing Expert Jenna Shaffer will provide a recipe for social media that saves time and gets results to grow your business.
From Survive to Thrive: Critical Information Business Owners Should Know for Navigating the COVID-19 Crisis (Recorded) >
From Survive to Thrive: Critical Information Business Owners Should Know for Navigating the COVID-19 Crisis - Recorded May 20, 2020
In this webinar HBK CPAs and Associates, we will discuss a road map to help businesses survive, maintain, recover, and thrive, including helpful hints and tools that business owners should know.
Essential PR Tools and Tactics- Elevate the visibility of your business while being sheltered in place - Recorded May 14, 2020
Promoting your business during the coronavirus outbreak presents unique opportunities. Now more than ever, the steps you take to promote your company, its work and products plays an essential role in ensuring its relevance and survival.
Road to Recovery: Strategies for Business Owners - May 14, 2020 | 2-3 PM
With the economic forecast uncertain, it can be difficult to plan and strategize. But there are steps business owners can take right now that could not only preserve, but strengthen their business for the future.
The 4 Key Things Businesses Should Be Focused on Right Now — Recorded May 12, 2020
These are unprecedented times for business owners. The goal right now should be all about how we come out the other side of this crisis a smarter, stronger and more prepared business than we were before. This webinar will focus on the four areas of your business you should be focused on right now, to successfully traverse through these turbulent times.